It’s a grabbag of topics on this edition of As The Self-Pub World Turns, but that just means a great collection of posts and resources for indie authors! No matter where you are in the self-publishing process, there should be a post below that speaks to you. And, if you read something you enjoy, be sure to leave a comment for the author — we bloggers live for those things!
- Jeff, over at The Writing Bomb, asks When Do Writers Need Readers? Of course, the answer is ALWAYS, but head over anyway to check out the awesome contest he’s created to help you market your book — the Best Indie Books of 2012!
- One more goodie from Jeff, as he asks the question many of us have been wondering: What’s next for indie authors after KDP Select?
- Guest poster Stephanie from Saltwater Publishing presents a great overview of editing over on Catherine, Caffeinated.
- For more editing fun, check out Roz’s take on her final editing process at Nail Your Novel!
- Bob Mayer points out something all writers need: GRIT! We couldn’t agree more — head over to Write It Forward for his take on goals and determination.
- Rachelle Gardner presents a great post on a very common conundrum: what genre is my book?
- Wise, Ink points out that JK Rowling is offering the Harry Potter series without DRM and wonders — could it work for indie authors?
- What’s the deal with book discounts? Joel, The Book Designer, takes on this often-confusing topic in his post, Answers to Book Discount Questions.
Now we open the floor to you! I know you guys have also found some awesome posts/resources in the past couple of weeks — won’t you please share with the class? Take a few moments to leave the link in the comments so we can all have some lovely Monday reading!