Although I’m writing this post on April 10th, by the time you read it, I’ll totally be a parent. Eek! Speaking as someone who has never even held a newborn (true story), this thought is both exhilerating and terrifying, although, at the moment, terrifying is winning out. As I know a lot of you out there have kids, younger siblings, nieces, nephews, cousins and the like, I’m begging you for advice! Tell me:
- On a scale of 1-10, how terrified were you of becoming a parent? What experience did you have beforehand?
- How quickly did you get the hang of parenting?
- Approximately how long did it take you to get more than 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep?
- What was your favorite part about becoming a parent/caregiver?
- What general tips, advice and words of wisdom do you have to offer?
I’m really looking forward to reading the answers for this one, so please leave your thoughts in the comments below. I promise I’ll respond, although I cannot promise the answer will make any sort of sense. Really, if I manage to use proper spelling, capitalization and punctuation, I’ll be quite proud of myself!
Happy weekend, everyone!