The new year brings renewed commitment to goals for many, and writers are no exception. The flipping of the calendar from December to January just feels like a natural place to stop and reevaluate progress toward our goals and make adjustments.
Throughout January, we’re talking about the process of goal-setting, and how writers specifically can get the most out of the process. Now, howevver, we want to hear from you! Tell us:
- How do you feel about goal-setting/resolutions in general? Do they help keep you on track or do they fall by the wayside after a few weeks?
- Have you made any writing, publishing or marketing-related goals/resolutions for the new year? Please share them, if you feel comfortable.
- How will you track your progress toward your goal? Do you have a plan laid out with steps to take to get there?
- If you have a plan to achieve to your goal, how is it broken down? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? Do you have specific word count/sales numbers/milestones to achieve?
- If you haven’t set any goals, why not? Do they feel too constricting? Do you work better without them?
Again, Happy New Year to all, and we can’t wait to see where you guys weigh in on this important topic. We’ll use your responses to craft our post topics for the next two weeks, so don’t hesitate to ask questions or make additional comments about the goal-setting process!