For allowing us into your inbox every week, you deserve some awesome freebies to help further your career as an indie author. Check out what we’ve created below and keep an eye on your inbox — you never know when we’ll add a new tool!
The Weekend Book Marketing Makeover
We asked you to tell us what book marketing tool we could create to help you and received a variety of responses (two of our favorites: an author scrapbook for cataloging your inspirations and a dating guide for authors), including:
- “Something along the lines of a checklist/to-do list.”
- “The equivalent of ‘Marketing for Dummies’.”
- “How to find a marketing strategy that’s a good fit for me.”
- “I’m a big fan of step by step books and timeline books. So anything that would walk me, step-by-step through 90 days of publishing success would rock! Can you do it in 30?”
How about we do it in a single weekend?
We’ll satisfy all those wishes with a (totally free, but very valuable) makeover guide that will get you excited about marketing your book, eliminate that sleazy feeling, and debunk the marketing myths that are holding you back.
We will reform your book marketing attitude and direction, helping you gain those all-important traits of motivation and focus…in just one weekend!
4-Piece Book Marketing Toolkit
- Get Your Mind Right: The 4 Rules of Successful Book Marketers (PDF)
Do you know the rules that successful indie authors MUST follow to market their book? Peek inside this must-read exercise to get your mind in check!
- Market Your Book (Without Losing All Your Writing Time) (PDF)
If you’ve thought marketing your book will eliminate all your writing time — think again! This deceptively-simple exercise will make sure you have time for both.
- Who is My Target Market? (PDF)
Marketing to the whole world is impossible — for success, you must narrow your focus, and we make it easy with this 6-step worksheet!
- Find Your Best Reader Hangouts (PDF)
Where can you find new readers? Use this exercise to figure out where they hang out and which places will be most worth your marketing time!
Bonus: More (Totally Free) Tools!
- Download Self-Publishing Basic Training, our 35-page guide to the basics of self-publishing.
- Self-Publishing Resources Directory featuring self-pub friendly editors, designers and more!
- 105 Author Blog prompts that will banish your blank blog — guaranteed!
- Does your website include everything it needs to appeal to readers? Make sure with the Author Website Checklist!
- Your mailing list is your biggest asset — are you using it properly? Learn How to Write Email Updates (Your Fans Actually Read)!
How have you used the tools we’ve provided? What’s your biggest book marketing question? Let us know in the comments!