The rundown: [0:21] Excitement over new intro [2:34] Personal Updates [6:40] Duolit updates [9:55] How to find beta readers [19:20] What should fiction authors blog about? [27:30] KDP Select: Worth it? [42:10] Shannon’s new favorite show and how it helps her writing.
Note: Big thanks to Lee Stephen for our awesome podcast intro/outro
[9:55] Kate: I am wondering if you have any advice on how to find beta readers. I am publishing a memoir novella under a pen name and thus cannot ask my family and most of my friends to read it. I posted a request on my writers forum (WANA tribe) and on Twitter, but I don’t have enough followers yet.
- Ladies Who Critique is a website to find critique partners
- AbsoluteWrite has a forum including willing beta readers
- A developmental editor – look in our resources directory or connect with one through ALLI. Our fav is Brenda, The Eclectic Editor!
[19:20] Ophelia: I read a lot of blogs that talk about content marketing and adding value to your blog readers. It seems easy enough for a nonfiction writer, but how does a fiction writer do this?
- Resource: Shannon’s post on author blogging
[27:30] Lynda: Is KDP Worth It?
- (Ryan Casey) KDP Select: The Secret to Hitting the Top 100
- (Ryan Casey) KDP Select: Is it still worth it? Thoughts for 2013
- (Shannon) KDP Select — Is it worth it? 7 Takeaways from My Experience